St. Paul Church In Taylor originally began in 1980 as a tiny mission effort. The effort did not fully succeed until 1913.
October, 1913 Ladies’ Aid organized.
April, 1914 Sunday School organized.
October, 1914 St. Paul congregation organized.
May, 1915 Rev. A. C. Hartmann becomes first pastor.
March, 1916 Severed connections with Immanuel, West Taylor.
May, 1916 Luther League organized.
March, 1917 Cornerstone of first church laid.
July, 1917 Dedication of the church.
1917 Reed Organ was pruchased
May, 1920 Purchased a lot for a parsonage (southeast of church).
December, 1920 Dedication of parsonage.
December, 1921 Rev. Theo Krienke called.
April, 1923 Texas District Convention.
June, 1927 First Daily Vacation Bible School.
January, 1930 Rev. A. D. Rode installed.
February, 1930 Women’s Missionary Society organized.
October, 1932 Purchased old Baptist Church and adjoining lot on Fowzer St. (across from church).
November, 1932 Dedication of Parish House (the old Baptist Church).
October, 1939 Silver Anniversary of the congregation. The Brotherhood organized.
May, 1941 Purchased Wicks Pipe Organ to replace Reed Organ. Business Women’s Auxiliary organized.
February, 1942 Boy Scout Troop organized.
January, 1945 Death of Rev. A. D. Rode.
December, 1945 Rev. George Krueger installed.
September, 1946 Chimes dedicated.
February, 1947 Rev. H. C. Ziehe installed.
September, 1948 The Lutheran Center dedicated.
July, 1951 Purchased Scruggs house and lot.
November, 1951 Rev. Roald Braulick installed.
June, 1953 Purchased Langston property.
April, 1956 Rev. E. A. Heye installed.
February, 1957 Cornerstone of new church laid.
May, 1957 Dedication of new church and one educational unit.
August, 1959 Junior Luther League organized.
September, 1960 St. Paul Missionary Society and Business Women’s Auxiliary met to form the St. Paul American Lutheran Church Women.
January, 1961 Merger of three Lutheran bodies to form American Lutheran Church.
October, 1962 Purchased part of Hartmann property (present parking lot west of Educational Building).
October, 1963 Rev. David A. Heidtke installed. Fiftieth anniversary of the Ladies’ Aid.
April, 1964 Fiftieth Anniversary of the Sunday School.
October, 1964 Fiftieth Anniversary of the Congregation.
April, 1965 Dedication of faceted glass windows.
June, 1966 Purchased Velicka property east of church.
August, 1967 Purchased Simmons property east of church.
September, 1967 Kindergarten was established.
July, 1968 Addition to staff with the hiring of a visitation pastor
(Rev. E. Herber).
March, 1971 Dedication of Educational Building.
March, 1971 Rev. David Bulgerin installed.
September, 1971 Young Adults (Pairs and Spares) organized.
August, 1972 First KTAE Radio Broadcast for Sunday Church Worship Services.
September, 1977 Training of Teachers for Bethel Series.
January, 1979 Prayer Breakfast started.
July, 1979 Intern Ron Dobervich installed.
August, 1979 Day Care Center opened in old Lutheran Center.
July, 1980 Intern Mark Lucke installed.
September, 1980 Purchased van to transport members to Church Services and other activities.
November, 1980 Lutheran Line telephone service installed.
August, 1981 Rev. Brian Gigee installed as Associate Pastor.
July, 1982 Dedication of rebuilt Wicks Pipe Organ.
October, 1982 Purchased Hartmann Home and lot on Seventh Street.
November, 1983 Rev. Robert Letalien installed as Associate Pastor.
October, 1984 Dedication of New Lights in Church Sanctuary.
January, 1985 “Crossways” Bible Study introduced.
June, 1985 Staff offices moved to St. Paul House (Hartmann Home).
January 1988 Merger of three Lutheran bodies to form the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
October, 1988 Celebration of 75th Anniversary of Ladies’ Aid.
November, 1988 Rev. Robert Letalien installed as Senior Pastor.
April, 1989 Celebration of 75th Anniversary of Sunday School.
October, 1989 Celebration of 75th Anniversary of the Congregation.
April, 1990 Purchased property at 414 and 416 Sixth Street.
January, 1991 Called, ordained, and installed Pastor Sandi Wilcox as Associate
November, 1991 Enrolled in the Stephen Ministry Program.
January, 1992 New Constitution and By-Laws were adopted.
February, 1993 First class of Stephen Ministers commissioned.
January, 1994 Initiated Lay Eucharist Ministers.
October, 1994 Pastor David Tietz was installed.
January, 1995 Long Range Planning Committee was organized.
September, 1996 Purchased Brinkmeyer property on Sixth Street.
September, 1996 Purchased new organ, Rogers Digital Electronic.
July, 1997 Renovated West Wing of Educational Building (Phase I).
September, 1997 Sunday Worship was extended to two services year around.
October, 1997 Established Handbell Choir.
November, 1997 Faceted glass windows were protected with plexiglas.
March, 1998 Chapel Wing was renovated.
May, 1998 Slogan, “Walk with us as we follow Christ” was adopted.
April, 1999 New signs placed on Highway entrances.
May, 1999 Remodeled St. Paul House (Church offices).
November, 1999 Purchased, “With One Voice” hymnals.
December, 1999 Began St. Paul Youth Band.
June, 2000 Altar Guild Room renovated.
October, 2001 Pastor Daryn Holdsworth became interim Associate Pastor.
January, 2002 Endowment Fund established.
March, 2002 Repaved parking lot south of St. Paul House.
March, 2003 Began three-year fund raiser, “Seeds for the Future.”
May, 2003 Pastor Kim Gaddy ordained and installed as Associate Pastor.
Mar.– Oct., 2004 Celebration of 90th anniversary of St. Paul.
2004 Pastor Jennifer was installed as Associate Pastor/Youth Minister.
January 2007 Pastor Walter Miller became the Visitation Pastor.
2008 Pastor Gary A. Veit was installed as Senior Pastor.
June 2010 Members decided to leave the ELCA and become a member of the LCMC.
November 2014 James Preece took over as Lay Minister.
October 2014 Celebration of 100th anniversary of St. Paul.
September 2015 Pastor George Qualley was installed as Senior Pastor.
February 2016 New steeple and repainted the church sign.
April 30, 2017 starts the begining of the 90th year that St. Paul has supported the Boy Scouts.
June 2017 New flooring installed in the Fellowship Hall.
June 2017 Alec Ochoa installed a flag pole as his Eagle Scout project.
July 2017 St. Paul hosted the District LCMC Conference.
July 2018 St. Paul closed the doors of the St. Paul School.
Please check our news page for information on funerals, upcoming socials and community service announcements.
Newsletter is available in the news section.
Holy Communion is celebrated the first and third Sunday of each month.
Sundays at 12:15-1:15 pm
St.Paul Ev. Lutheran Church
401West 7th St
Taylor, Texas 76574
Or use our contact form.